Friday, April 9, 2010

Not been on here in a while

Working at SW is pretty exhausting, in ways I never thought possible. My back constantly hurts, my legs ache, my feet are developing calluses, and worse of all, all of these pains are the result of repetitive work. Doing dishes sums up a good portion of the repetitive nature of this job.

Why do I say that? Because there are, a LOT of fucking dishes. Some dishes you literally are redoing 3-4 times a day. You clean a cambro that had prep in it so that it can be clean for another item of prep so that it can be used up and need to be cleaned so that it's ready for another item of prep.. it's maddening. And the sink that they use requires a lot of bending over to clean some of the dishes that we have sometimes, because the actual area given in order to scrub is blocked by a handwashing sink. My back hurts just thinking about it.

Already there's been a changeup when it comes to employees. The one woman who was a bit slow and dumb when it came to most anything finally got pissy when a manager was trying to get an order done, and so she's working on the grocery store side now.. for now. She's already talking of trying to find a new job. We've had several new people in, including one who seems to be about as slow and dumb as the previous, but I'll reserve further judgment since I've only worked a two hour period with her (and I wanted to shoot myself). Another person came back because the guy who had left due to unfair treatment was gone.. apparently this 16 year old had been chatting with said guy outside of store hours and parents disapproved. I found it amusing that this guy took the trouble of buying this girl a cheapo cell just so they could "talk". I doubt that mom would really be so pissy if it was just "talking" with an older guy, but I digress.

Well, that's most of what I can think of that's been going on for now.. nothing particular customer wise, which is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment