Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A McDouble is not a Double Cheeseburger

I'm starting this after inspiration from another blog... the idea that posting about things from work that make me want to explode from built up annoyances. It could even result in me being somewhat calmer at work.. that I wouldn't mind.

So mcd came out with the McDouble about 2 years ago. It's like a Double Cheeseburger but about .30 cheaper and with one slice of cheese instead of two. The reason for this is because cheese is one of the most expensive parts of the sandwich (the other part being the meat) and mcd wanted a way to save money.

Now, keep in mind that this was TWO years ago when the McDouble was introduced, at least in our area. TWO. And also keep in mind that a lot of the customers we have come out to one of the mcds at least once a day, and a good chunk of them that come to ours are local residents. So why do I get people who can't seem to order the sandwich properly?

I get people who order double cheeseburgers and then they balk at the price and insist that they meant to get McDoubles. If you mean to order something, then actually order it, don't get mad at me because I rang you up according to what you said. There is a radio campaign as well as a TV campaign that shows you what a McDouble looks like; as well as what it's actually called. Please actually pay attention to what you order, and don't blame me when it's wrong when I've merely rung up what you ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment