Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thanks for the insult!

The other day I was in back booth taking orders and money. A woman drives up to the window, pays, and then asks:

"So, how do you all keep track of the cars?" I explain to her our system involving the cameras hooked up to each speaker so that we take a picture of the car as the order is being taken. The woman is silent for a moment, and then says, "Oh, I just thought it was because you were smart."

WTF?

I stammered out how we usually end up having to do a bit more guesswork at night when there's usually only one ordertaker, but if I had had a couple more seconds, I might have gotten really really pissed actually at her. And worst of all, the dumb idiot didn't even realize that she was insulting, she figured it to be a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment